Wheatley Gaso Green Book
We have written this book to help provide you, the user of a WGI reciprocating pump, with the knowledge of how a reciprocating pump works and guidance in your selection and operation of a reciprocating power pump. For specific recommendations which are not covered within, please contact our applications department and provide them with all pertinent information regarding your pumping application or any additional questions about our plunger pumps.
Thanks to all the persons and companies who have provided reference material used in this book. Our further thanks and acknowledgment is extended to the “Hydraulic Institute”, for their section on Hydraulic Institute Standards – Reciprocating Pumps,Power (Types, Nomenclature, Ratings, and Applications).
We sincerely hope this book will give you some insight into how your reciprocating pump works and why reciprocating pumps are still one of the most efficient and effective way of transporting liquids of all types.
Although all the information in this book generally applicable to all reciprocating pumps, the specific data within applies only toWGI pumps.
Table of Contents
- Warnings and Precautions Before and After Starting a WGI Reciprocating Pump
- Safety Precautions
- Warnings before starting a reciprocating pump
- Warnings after starting a reciprocating pump
- Fundamentals of Operation
- How a reciprocating Pump Works
- Plunger or Piston Rod Load
- Calculations of Volumetric Efficiency
- Horsepower Calculations
- Devices for Liquid Pulsation Control – Suction and Discharge
- Pump Material Selection
- Plunger Pumps
- Piston Pumps
- Pump Application
- Types of Reciprocating Pumps
- Where Reciprocating Pumps are Used
- Sizing and Selecting a Reciprocating Pump
- Pump Storage
- Sizing a Pump for High Suction Pressure Conditions
- Supply System Considerations
- Frictional Head Losses
- Reynolds Number
- Acceleration Head
- NPSHR (Net Positive Suction Head Required)
- NPSHA (Net Positive Suction Head Available)
- Pump Cavitation
- Liquid supply System Relationships
- Installation Suggestions
- Supply System Piping Design
- Discharge Piping Design
- Recommended Safety Devices
- Trouble Locating of Reciprocating Pumps
If you would like to know more or talk to one of our salesmen about the sections of this book that we don’t have listed on our website feel free to contact us! We are ready to answer your questions about our Gaso pumps, as well as selections for plunger and piston pumps.